The Better Business Bureau Consumer Foundation is a non-profit charitable organization whose mission is to prevent consumer fraud and financial exploitation by providing education and information through community programs and services.
A Message from the Director:
I am pleased to welcome you to the Better Business Bureau Consumer Foundation, a private, charitable organization funded by individual and corporate donations and grants.
The Foundation's primary purpose is to educate and protect you, the consumer, from becoming a victim of scams, frauds, and financial exploitation.
While providing and encouraging consumer education to the community at large, special attention is given to groups most vulnerable to being victimized, including the older adult and Latin American communities.
The Foundation is proud to offer a variety of programs and services aimed at keeping you as financially safe as possible.
Many new partnerships and programs have been developed in hopes of benefiting our 20 county community service area. These programs work toward empowering you with resources that prevent you from becoming a victim of frauds and scams.
If you would like to receive additional information, please call me to set up a presentation or program at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704.927.8623.
It may be the first step toward making you a more informed consumer.
Director, Senior Programs
To Educate…To Inform…To Empower
- To promote understanding and awareness of marketplace issues, including consumer fraud and financial exploitation.
- To be an information resource.
- To assist consumers in recognizing consumer fraud and financial exploitation and ways to avoid becoming victims.
- To serve as the community resource for information and education-related marketplace/consumer issues.
- To advocate and facilitate the planning of community services.
- To encourage and promote programs and presentations which enhance the financial quality of life for consumers.
Programs and Services:
The Foundation provides direct and indirect services to the community. We operate as both an information-gathering tool and community resource.
SeniorGrapevine.org is a unique email bulletin service that helps connect mature adults, families, caregivers and industry professionals in the Southern Piedmont region of N.C. and S.C. Designed specifically for the mature adult, SeniorGrapevine.org provides up to the minute consumer fraud alerts, a community event calendar and information regarding older adult-related activities, events and services.
- Elder Fraud Prevention Program:
Dedicated to recognizing and preventing fraudulent activities and unethical business practices in our community.
- Training for Professionals Who Work with Older Adults: The BBB Consumer Foundation conducts seminars that are designed to help professionals identify red flags for potential fraud, scams and financial exploitation of older adult clients.
- Senior Scam Jams:
Aimed at older adults and their caregivers, these free educational events offer information from federal, state and local governments on current marketplace activities, unethical/illegal business practices and ways to avoid becoming a victim of consumer fraud.
- Educational Presentations:
Groups are presented with information that focuses on ways to avoid becoming the victim of frauds, scams and identity theft.
- Business Seminars/Workshops:
Provides companies with the opportunity to enhance their internal office practices and business ethics.
- Information Resource Center:
General advice guides and brochures providing information on a variety of consumer issues offered in English and Spanish.
- Hispanic/Latin American Outreach Program:
Provides information, education and advocacy as tools to assist individuals in avoiding marketplace victimization a well as empowering them for future marketplace decisions.
- Hispanic/Latin American Telephone Line:
A dedicated telephone line for Spanish-speaking individuals. Call 704.927.8639.
The Better Business Bureau Consumer Foundation is a tax exempt organization under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code. Charitable contributions are tax deductible.
Kim C. Henderson
Director, Senior Programs
13860 Ballantyne Corporate Place, Suite 225
Charlotte, NC 28277
Phone: (704) 927- 8623
Fax: (704) 927- 8615